GROUP DIRECTOR FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
TECH POWER ELECTRONICS GROUP (European Group - 1200 employees - € 60 million - 9 production sites across Europe) has long-term expertise in power electronics and winding (transformers, energy converters) which earned it recognition by working for renowned customers in the industry, energy, aeronautics, nuclear & railway markets.
Our ambition: Foster initiative and creativity for continuous improvement to provide a quality response to our market. To affirm our leadership by deepening our know-how and developing responsible practices, we have created the “open Institute”, whose vocation is to foster a supportive environment to ensure the emergence and development of useful and eco-citizen innovations
In order to move forward together and to create a common technological basis in the group, we are looking for a
GROUP DIRECTOR FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Your missions: As a Director of Group Information Technology, you will define and implement IT group policy and operating model in accordance with the strategy established by the Group Management Committee and its performance objectives. You will be responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT projects at Tech Power Electronics Group. This includes directing all IT operations to meet business and customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and implementation of new technical solutions (e.g. ERP system). With reports directly to the Group Management Board, you will work in close collaboration with the group functional directors, external IT suppliers, local management and IT specialists of each site.
After the period of integration where you will have an opportunity to familiarize yourself with the functions and structure of the group, you will have the following duties:
Development of group IT strategy and policy:
- Define with the local management the strategic directions for IT and telecommunications
- Determine IT security policy (identify and manage risks, propose measures etc.)
- Join in an improvement process
- Perform technological and legal control
- Evaluate and recommend required IT investments
- Design an optimal organization for information flows within the sites and the whole group
Implementation of group IT policy and governance:
- Lead the plan for the evolution and harmonization of information systems in the group and ensure coherence between information systems
- Guarantee the continuity of the IT and telecom service provided to users
- Manage IT projects related to the company's business divisions (incl. ERP system implementation in business units and production sites, set-up of IT infrastructure etc.)
Definition of the IT outsourcing policy
- Develop IT outsourcing policy of the group
- Analyze subcontracting offers (services, budget, human resources, special clauses, contract etc.)
- Monitor relationships and control the effectiveness of subcontractors' achievements and services throughout the contractual relationship and SLAs
Organization and management of local IT teams (mostly in European sites):
- Supervise and coordinate the work of all IT teams of the sites and lead internal and external teams
Steer IT group organization:
- Promote usage of new IT systems in the group to bring a competitive advantage to the business in customer relations and supply chain management
- Communicate and align with the General Management and users technological changes made to the business information systems
- Integrate legal, ecological standards into the management of IT projects
- Evaluate the return on investment of the projects carried out and report to the General Management
Your profile: You have a Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field as well as significant experience of several years (+5) in management of multi-site information systems. You rely on your rigor and organizational skills to implement innovative solutions and to facilitate changes. With strong coaching skills, you like to accompany your colleagues daily in their use of computer systems. You are a guarantor of the continuity of the IT service provided to the users and you anticipate the changes and their business impacts on the information system.
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Min. 5 years’ experience managing and/or directing an IT operation with proven experience in IT infrastructure (hardware and software) strategic planning anddevelopment, project management, and policy development
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems (e.g. ERP) and their specifications
- Security, audit and compliance of business and IT processes
- Knowledge of the IT outsourcing market
- Very good knowledge of business and industrial organizations combining manufacturing sites and business units
- Strong communication skill (written, oral and interpersonal)
- Good Experience in multi-project management methodologies
- Professional fluency in English (essential for the position) and a very good level of German or French language(preferred)
- Willing to travel regularly outside your home area (mostly in Europe, ca. 50% of your time) incl. overnight travels.
Apply via CV-Online or cv.tammistepersonal.ee, by the 29th of July, 2018.
We guarantee the confidentiality of candidacy!
More information about the terms of recruitment is available by calling to Sirje Tammiste +372 514 4084 or email@example.com